Friday, April 15, 2016

Attitudes are Contagious!

Attitudes are contagious.  Is yours worth catching?


The end of the school year is upon us.  That may mean state testing, end of the year tests, observations, data collecting, meetings, rehearsals, and the list goes on and on. It’s a stressful time. You see it in your colleague's faces.  Time is stretched, and patience is being tested.  It’s been “that kind of day”.  You hear “How many more days?”

I admit, there are some days that aren’t as stellar as others, but I’ve decided that rather than counting down days, I’m going to make each of these remaining days count.  I’m not going to let the email bother me, nor will I let the remark turn my whole day upside down.  I won’t let the negativity consume me of what I want to accomplish.  I WILL find the positive in each day.

I won't drown in the end of the year rush. I will reflect on those who have helped me become a better, stronger person and I’m going to share with them why or how they have had a positive impact on me.  I’m going to celebrate others and cheer on their successes.  I’m going to encourage others and be as supportive as I can.  

Be ready - you just may be on the receiving side. Hopefully I can make someone's day a little brighter.


2 comments:

  1. Jodie,

    What a great way to finish out the year. Kids deserve it!! Thanks for modeling the way for all of us during this (potentially) stressful time of the year:)

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie,
    Uplifting thoughts to push through the end of the year! A group is doing a #LastBell campaign on twitter in May. It goes perfect with your goal of celebrating others and sharing their success. Enjoyed the post.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete