Sunday, June 5, 2016

Taking Risks and Chasing Dreams - What's on Your Bucket List?

Recently a friend and I spend the morning walking and we started talking about the “Pinterest Party” she was hosting that night. Excited about what we were doing and the theme of the night, I asked her how she came up with the idea.  She said it was on her “Birthday Bucket List”.  She had decided that she was going to do 37 new activities during the year following her 37th birthday.  Amazing!


Of course, that got me thinking.  What do I want to accomplish before my next birthday?  Since my birthday was just this week, I thought it was the perfect time to start my “Birthday Bucket List”. 

Shouldn’t we all be risk takers?  Shouldn't we all go chasing after our dreams?  


Part of my “bucket list” for the year


* Go horseback riding
* Lead professional development / present at a staff meeting or EdCamp
* Complete a 10K
* Learn a new app / tech tool
* Start/Find a new job (principal!?!)
* Get a meaningful tattoo (small, and in memory of my Dad)
* Volunteer 1x per month
* Try Sushi (eeeks....)
* Surprise people with homemade cookies
* Send a care package to a soldier
* Donate toys at Christmas
* Attend a Columbus Crew Soccer Game (only sport in Ohio that I haven’t been too!)
* Host a wine tasting party
* Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner


I would love to hear what dreams others are chasing or risks you’re taking!  

Here’s to a successful trip around the sun!!

2 comments:

  1. Jodie,

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday! It sounds like you have some fun things planned for this year:) Keep on chasing those dreams and taking those risks...You are a great role model!!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list, and a big challenge. I'd have to come up with 43! I could add several of yours to my list...including the Columbus Crew (and the Cleveland Browns...but why?????)

    Good luck checking the items off your list!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete