When I started reflecting on what my one word for 2017 would be I knew I wanted it to be more meaningful and purposeful to me than the words I chose in the past. My past words “determined” (2015) and “hope” (2016) were great words, but in all honesty, I didn’t put a lot of passion in them throughout the entire year. I was determined in 2015, and I had hope in 2016, but this year, I will fully embrace my word.
This year my word is BELIEVE. I find that I gravitate towards sayings that include it. As you can see, there are many things I own that have “believe” in it; my planner, a 10K race I completed, and a quote that sits on my fireplace. I see it every day and in everything I do - “believe” is something I believe in.
- I believe that I can be a better daughter, friend, mentor and teacher. I know that I am able to give a little more every day and show others how important they are to me. I will be present and listen to see how I can do this.
- I truly believe that as educators we can move forward in making the future better for our students. I will be cognizant to their needs and build strong relationships with them.
- I adamantly believe that there are better ways to teach and meet the needs of ALL our learners and I will do all I can to ensure that I advocate for these students and families.
- I believe that the world is filled with kind, helpful people. Most people want to do their best, so I will support others as we grow and learn together.
- I believe that through the support of others I will achieve my professional goals and continue to grow and learn throughout the journey.
Having the strong conviction of believing I can will make these goals doable and achievable. Sure, I will need help achieving my goals, but I believe that my friends and strong network of supporters will help me do just that!
|A gift for myself to remember everyday to "believe"|