Saturday, January 5, 2019

#oneword for 2019



a·ware

/əˈwer/

adjective

having knowledge or perception of a situation or fact.



When I sat and thought about what my 2019 #oneword would be I kept circling back to the same thoughts. It dawned on me then that my word had to be “aware.

Throughout the past several years I have been struggling with ‘what I want to do’ ‘where I want to go’, and ultimately ‘how am I going to get there’. I’ve recently reflected and thought maybe there have been signs that I have missed because I am too focused on one narrow path. Perhaps my “dream job” has been shadowed over by what I perceive as my “dream job”. I need to be more aware of the possibilities and options around me!

Sometimes I get caught in the “twitterverse” or “InstaWorld” and need to be aware that I am who I am, and that is perfectly fine! I need to celebrate others, but not compare myself to those other people. We are each unique and all add great value. I vow to make myself more aware of the great things going on in my life and celebrate others in a truly authentic manner.

I will make myself more aware of my health and physical being. I will set realistic goals and be aware of what my body is telling me. No more pushing or trying fads. I will concentrate on me and what feels best for me and my overall health.

I will be aware of the gifts of friendship I have been blessed with and make sure that these people are aware of their value in my life. I surely wouldn't be where I am today without some amazing friends and role models!

I vow to be more present in everyday life! See the joys, see the happiness and make everyday count. I will be aware of my surroundings and see the beauty of the people, places and things I get to encounter.


This is MY year of awareness and I am VERY excited to be on this journey!!
Image result for aware

1 comment:

  1. Jodie, this is such beautiful post! I love your word and the goals that you have set that align with the word. You have so much to offer and are such a giving, thoughtful person. It will only be amplified this year! Wishing you a wonderful year, friend!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete